The 2020/21 qualifying round takes place in March.
The 2020/21 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualifying round starts in March, starting the road to the finals in Romania.
- Group 1: Italy, Slovakia (hosts), Cyprus, Kosovo
- Group 2: Ukraine, Israel (hosts), Belarus, Montenegro
- Group 3: Austria, Sweden (hosts), Northern Ireland, Gibraltar
- Group 4: Germany, Scotland, Switzerland (hosts), Luxembourg
- Group 5: Czech Republic (hosts), Denmark, North Macedonia, Albania
- Group 6: Croatia (hosts), Georgia, Latvia, Kazakhstan
- Group 7: Republic of Ireland (hosts), Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia
- Group 8: France, Greece, Azerbaijan, Moldova (hosts)
- Group 9: Norway (hosts), Hungary, Iceland, Andorra
- Group 10: England, Slovenia, Wales (hosts), Malta
- Group 11: Netherlands (hosts), Serbia, Armenia, San Marino
- Group 12: Turkey, Bulgaria (hosts), Russia, Lithuania
- Group 13: Spain, Belgium (hosts), Finland, Faroe Islands
• The winner of each group join top seeds Portugal in the play-offs in May and June, which will produce Romania’s seven finals opponents from 30 June to 13 July.